Clipless Laparoscopic Gall Stone Surgery in Gurgaon
Gall stones are a common problem and the best solution for this worldwide is laparoscopic surgery. In this surgery 4 holes are made in the tummy and the entire gall bladder is removed in 20-30 minutes. This day care procedure is the worlds most commonly performed laparoscopic surgery.
What are Galls Stones ?
Gall stones are mainly deposits of cholesterol that get accumulated in the gall bladder. They cause blockage in the flow of bile leading to heaviness and dyspepsia and sometime even infection and inflammation of the gall bladder. In some cases the gall bladder may even burst if the blockage is severe and not attended to in time.
What are symptoms of Gall stones ?
Gall Bladder Stones may cause the following symptoms
- Fullness in the upper abdomen
- Dyspepsia or bloating
- Pain in the right side of the tummy
- Nausea and vomitting
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas
- Blockage of Intestine leading to obstipation
How are Gall Stones treated without surgery ?
Gall bladder stones cannot be treated without surgery. Only if there is sludge in the gall bladder it may be removed with the use of certain medications. Diet changes are essential to stop the growth of gall stones. The usage of spices has to be reduced and fat has to be completely eliminated from the diet.
What is Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy ?
The modern day gall bladder surgery is called laparoscopic cholecystectomy. This surgery involves the following steps:
- Putting you to sleep with general anesthesia so that the surgery is absolutely painless
- Making 3 to 4 small holes in the tummy to put the instruments and camera
- Removing the gall bladder after cutting its blood supply and connection with the liver
- putting a single stitch on each of the holes
- Getting you back to awareness by reversing the anesthesia
What are the unique and latest treatments available at Jyoti Hospital ?
At Jyoti Hospital we are the pioneers of clipless cholecystectomy in India. This means that we do surgery without applying any clips over the gall bladder as these clips can sometimes fall off and even migrate elsewhere in the body. For this we use a special sealing device to close the blood supply and connection with the liver and intestines. Here are some other advances forms of gall bladder surgeries that we offer:
- Single Port Surgery
- Natural Orifice Surgery (NOTES)
- Clipless Gall Stone Surgery
- Retrograde Gall Bladder removal surgery
Interested ? Lets get in touch
Leave your details in this form and we will reach out to you during our office hours to clear doubts or connect you to our experts.